Wednesday, August 15, 2012

drawing development in children

My son, Reece, and one of his first "drawings"...it's his little brother and himself playing ball...see?!



This time of year I always have these grandiose plans of inspiring projects flying out of my classroom and non-frustrated, happy-go-lucky children frolicking about the Art room happy with their creations.




In reality, we know that some of our students just...can't. Or maybe just...won't is a better choice of words. When I'm dreaming up new lesson plans (especially at this time of the year) I like to refer to this chart about the developmental stages of drawing. Let's be honest, sometimes we just expect too much from these little guys! I also like to use it to see if there is a student that is ahead or behind the norm...and what I can focus on to get them caught up. I've also blogged about my adventures with my little guy this summer and his artistic endeavors over at PreK and K Sharing, so hop on over and check it out!




2 comments:

  1. Great Resource! My copy of Creative and Mental Growth is highlighted, underlined and warped from use. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the stages of drawing! I hope you don't mind I pinned it on my teacher stuff board for future reference! :)

    ReplyDelete